Colorful Button Flowers
They are a little Seussical, don't you think? Go here on the Blumenthal Lansing website to see some other cute button flowers.
But, you know that I live in the camp of bigger is better, so here we go...
To make these Bigger is Better button flowers, you need:
- assorted bright color buttons
- craft wire (mine is black)
- crimp tubes
- flat pliers
- crystal beads
- head pins
- jump rings
- round nose pliers
- cardboard or watercolor paper (I recycled a paper drink cup)
- acrylic paint and paintbrush
- circle template about 3"
- pen or pencil
- hole punch
- wire cutters
1. Trace a circle on paper or cardboard, cut out.
Punch holes around the outside edge. On one I punched 8 and on another, I punched 12. Poke a little hole in the center with a pen or a nail. Paint with gesso; Let dry.
2. Paint with acrylic paint. Let dry. Attach beads. Place a bead on a head pin. Bend the pin 90 degrees just above the bead. Trim the pin to 1/2". Grab the very end of the pin and roll back toward the bead, making a loop. Hook to the big circle with a jump ring. Do that for all the holes you punched.
3. Cut a wire about 10" long. Crimp a crimp tube to one end. I did not worry about pretty crimps, I just pinched them flat. String on buttons or groupings of buttons. Crimp a crimp tube above and below each grouping. Put as many buttons as you want on the wire, graduating larger down the wire. When you use the biggest buttons, the holes might be too big for the crimp. Just stick a little button on there.
4. Crimp the paper circle below the buttons.
Have fun with colors and sizes. Make a bouquet!
Don't Forget the Giveaway!
Blumenthal Lansing sends out a newsletter. It is called Button Bits and is full of great buttony info. Go to the Blumenthal Lansing website and click on the links that look like this...one to read the newsletter, the other to take the survey.
Fill out the three question survey and you will be registered for the giveaway. BL is giving away $50 worth of buttons including some of their newest lines. $50 worth of buttons!!
You only have until March 31 to fill out the survey. Do it now!
While you are there, click the "join" link at the top of the page and join the BL web community. Newsletters and other fun stuff will come directly to you in the future.
Take Your Vitamin C.
Posted by Kim at 12:33 AM