Paper Punch Charm Bracelet



You might remember that I have had a long play date with jewelry made of paper. I have always used paper (usually torn) and paint, so today, I am using only paper for a creative change. 


If you have never made paper jewelry, consider:

  • it is very lightweight
  • the jingles from dangling pieces bumping together is very soft, so not annoying if you don't like that sound
  • it is inexpensive
  • available paper designs are probably better than most of us can paint
  • it is unusual and fun!
This is what you need to make a paper charm bracelet:
  • chain link charm bracelet
  • 140 lb. watercolor paper
  • scrapbook paper of your choice (I went with a citrus color palette, loving the warm colors)
  • Mod Podge for paper with flat paintbrush, or paper adhesive of your choice
  • Dimensional Magic: clear
  • Fiskars 1" round punch
  • Fiskars 1/8" round hole punch
  • 3 yards 1/8" satin ribbon: color to match your paper, mine is orange
  • 10mm round beads to match: mine are hot pink
  • scissors
  • ruler
This is a great project to use up leftover scraps!


Start with a chain charm bracelet. Buy one or make one with chain and a toggle clasp. If you are making your own, wire wrap the toggles on or use two oval jump rings on each toggle piece.


Punch 30 1" watercolor paper circles. Punch 60 1" scrapbook paper circles. My bracelet has 30 paper charms. Of course, add or subtract as you wish.


Mod Podge a scrapbook paper circle on each side of each watercolor paper circle.  Punch a hanging hole in each one.


Apply Dimensional Magic to one side of each charm. Let dry overnight. Repeat on the other side. 


Look what I did with the hole pieces I punched out! Just set them in the wet Dimensional Magic.


Pin or tape bracelet to work surface. Making the chain immobile, makes the assembly process way easier. I use a fabric covered piece of foam, and it works perfectly.


Cut a 1 1/2 yard piece of ribbon. Knot one end of ribbon to first link.


String ribbon through first link. String paper charm onto ribbon, close up to chain. String ribbon back through same link.


Repeat in each link. To make your bracelet fuller, put more than one paper dangle in some links. Knot ribbon to last link. Trim excess ribbon.


Attach a few beads if you like. I put 7 beads in my bracelet. Cut a 6" length of ribbon. Knot one end. String bead on ribbon. 


Knot ribbon to chain.


Pretty cool!


Change color palettes and punch shapes to design a bracelet you will love.
Use your Vitamin C!

39 creative thoughts:

SpottedGirl { March 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM }
Kim, I LOVE this! It's a simple (even though the end result doesn't look "simple") project my fourth grade girls would thoroughly enjoy. Your instructions and pics give just the amount of detail I need to make this project a "go" for me. Thanks!
Heidi P. { March 30, 2012 at 10:10 PM }
I want to do this project right now!!! So inspired! Love, love, love it!!! The directions are great. I have no doubt that I could successfully make this project! Thank you so much for sharing!
Barbara { March 30, 2012 at 10:40 PM }
Love the color combinations. Exciting!
Tracia { March 31, 2012 at 12:08 AM }
That is Cute ! I never thought of using a paper punch to make charms for jewelry ! Great idea ! Thanks for sharing - I love your blog!
YoungGramee { March 31, 2012 at 9:58 AM }
This is great! So simple and inexpensive--I can make one to match every outfit this summer. Who would guess this is so easy to make! Thank you for this idea for some super cute jewelry!!!
The Diplomat { March 31, 2012 at 11:44 AM }
This is very fun! Love the color combination.
Beth C. { March 31, 2012 at 11:58 AM }
It is a cold, gray day in Michigan and I am going to make this today. It looks like sunshine. I am the President of the Craft Impaired Club and I think I can pull this off. Great step by step. You give me craft confidence...here we go!
Joy! { April 2, 2012 at 11:08 PM }
Pretty sure I NEED one of these STAT ;o) I think we need to have a bracelet making party.
Lilys of the Valley Jewerly 'n Crafts { June 14, 2012 at 9:09 PM }
This looks so great I can't wait to try this one and the flower one done the same way ... I'm so excited to try this and to find a new way of Creating Beading Items , Beads, pendents etc ... I've been useing polymer clay , stone clay , paper, even Knitting , and also wood and paint , also needle felting and fabric ... Also I wanted to thank you because of you I started on the Blogging path to get my own Blog , and to be able to particapating in diffren challanges , hops , and swaps .. even going to far as to host my own swap ... but you where the first Blog that got me started and on my way so i wanted to give you a BIG THANK YOU !! Linda .... http://lilysofthevalleyjewelry.blogspot.com/
Anonymous { June 15, 2012 at 3:33 PM }
cool idea love it !!!!
Kim { June 15, 2012 at 8:36 PM }
You go Linda! Awewome! I will see you in the Bead Soup Blog Hop....
Anonymous { December 8, 2012 at 3:57 PM }
Where did you find the chain?
Kim { December 16, 2012 at 9:13 PM }
I think I bought it at Bead and Button from Lois Venarchik: http://www.wynwoods.com/
Unknown { July 13, 2019 at 7:17 PM }
Such a wonderful project. I adore earrings. Trying my hand at turning this technique into fab danglies! Thank you so much. 😍🤗❤
Nathalia Lucas { November 10, 2020 at 10:40 PM }
Good news to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solutions. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr James, a herbal practitioner who helped me to cure Hiv virus, i have suffered from this disease for the past 5 years and I have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine Dr James sent to me to drink for about 14 days . 3 days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested Hiv negative. all thanks to God for leading me to Dr james who was able to cure me completely from this deadly diseases, I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr James because I got to know him through Mr KELLY, who he cured from Hepatitis B. I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance or silence and don’t let that illness take your life.Dr James has cures for diseases like BIPOLAR DISORDER,..DIABETES,NEPHROTIC SYNDROME MOUTH HERPES, MOUTH CANCER , MUSCLE ACHES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER, PENILE CANCER, BREAST CANCER, PANCREATIC CANCER, VAGINAL CANCER, CERVICAL ILLNESS, POLIO DISEASE, ALZHEIMER, BULIMIA DISEASE, COMMON INFLAMMATORY DISEASE CYSTIC FIBROSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, CORNEAL ULCER, EPILEPSY, FETAL ALCOHOL SPECTRUM, LICHEN PLANUS, INFERTILITY, SHINGLES, BADRONOLE DISEASE, CHEST DISEASE / AIDS, AND BEHAVIORAL, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, TUBERCULOSIS LOW SPERM COUNT, ECZEMA, DRY COUGH, ARTHRITIS Contact Dr James through  email address   GREATCUREMAN@GMAIL.COM
Hakan { September 20, 2023 at 3:06 PM }
Müjde { October 1, 2023 at 12:49 AM }
Aşkınss { October 5, 2023 at 8:18 PM }
QuantumNomad404 { October 6, 2023 at 10:37 AM }
NeonWizard123 { October 7, 2023 at 1:25 PM }
GüneşPerisi47 { October 15, 2023 at 6:58 PM }
HyperspaceWandereress { October 22, 2023 at 7:39 PM }
QuantumFlare { October 22, 2023 at 9:24 PM }
363BFLorenzo05560 { November 7, 2023 at 4:50 AM }
4E585JohnnyF8B79 { November 9, 2023 at 12:43 PM }
EAB9ARachel97B0B { November 10, 2023 at 7:03 PM }
D12D0KylieB6467 { November 11, 2023 at 3:28 AM }
2BD2EJoel5EA30 { November 12, 2023 at 1:10 AM }
5A246Emerson38BA4 { November 13, 2023 at 3:34 AM }
371A0Edgar1F094 { November 13, 2023 at 9:55 AM }
99ECEDane81E25 { December 8, 2023 at 3:19 AM }
4EA6AAzariahFDEFA { December 19, 2023 at 9:39 PM }
7A183Brisa3FB6C { December 23, 2023 at 12:01 AM }
A5520Diana0C080 { January 5, 2024 at 11:28 PM }
C6825MerrickC14BB { January 6, 2024 at 11:39 AM }
C8A55Carl0F7CF { January 8, 2024 at 7:49 AM }
58647Tristin928E1 { January 19, 2024 at 8:04 AM }
F9977Geraldine38D4F { January 20, 2024 at 2:30 AM }
6B2ADSolomonBD95F { February 6, 2024 at 5:44 AM }

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com