Wavy Disc Beads

I have been having Fun With Wavy Discs. Love these earrings, (I am going to show you how to make them, keep reading....)

...and these sweet little pink bell flowers. They are in this month's issue of  Bead Design Studio Magazine...both a lesson on how to make the wavy disc/bell flower beads, and how to make the necklace they are in. Find my column: First Glass. And if you are not a lampworker and the lesson on how to make the beads is lost on you, you can buzz over to my Etsy shop and buy some already made.

 Back to the earrings! You need two wavy disc beads...also available in my Etsy shop in different sizes and colors. 


 1. Cut a 5" length of silver 20 gauge wire. Wrap a small loop in one end. 


2. Gather up some small beads you like. I have seed beads in two sizes and some 4mm crystals. String them on silver head pins. Make 3-5 headpins with beads.


 3. Attach the headpins to the wire loop by wrapping loops.


 4. Put the wire with the dangles into the front of the wavy disc bead.


5. Turn it over. Bend the wire at a 90 degree angle.
6. Wire wrap the earring piece to an earring finding. Repeat for the second earring.


I had planned on taking these earrings apart and putting the beads in the Etsy shop, but changed my mind! If you want to buy a set of these purple and red beads, just post or email and I will make you some.


Take your Vitamin C and tell me what else you might do with wavy disc beads.

Skip To My LouTip Junkie handmade projects

1 creative thoughts:

Therese's Treasures { March 14, 2012 at 5:12 PM }
Kim, Those earrings are very pretty and so is the pendant you made with the pink wavy disks. I think I would use a few of those on a herringbone or peyote stitched rope.
Therese

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com