New Twist on Big Hole Beads

I am loving this bracelet I made last week. It has some bling and lots of movement, and was pretty easy to make. You just have to be able to manage a needle and thread, and know how to do basic stringing.




Don't you love these big hole beads? 


 I get mine at TwoPurplePandas.com. They have a great selection and you have a choice of silver plated (or gold), triple plated (the finish will last longer), or sterling silver. TwoPurplePandas.com also has one of the best selections of charms for jewelry making. On the site, you will find lots of jewelry ideas. Each idea has a list of components, making it easy for you to order what you need to make the piece you like.







But of course, I wanted to try it a different way.


To do this yourself, you need:

  • TwoPurplePandas.com big hole beads ( I used 30) Pick any you like
  • silver seed beads, size 8
  • silver toggle clasp
  • 2 silver crimp tubes
  • liquid silver beads or small silver seed beads
  • beading needle and beading thread
  • scissors
  • crimping tool
  • jewelry glue


Here is what you do:
1. String a seed bead bracelet that fits your wrist. Leave the seed beads loose on the wire, so there is room for the thread to fit between the beads.
2. Add a bead dangle between two seed beads with 5 or 6 liquid silver beads and a large hole bead. Fill it in as full as you want.
3. Put dots of glue on your thread knots.


Use your Vitamin C and have fun designing your own!


P. S... Follow TwoPurplePandas on facebook and/or twitter!
Skip To My LouSumo's Sweet StuffSew ChattyTip Junkie handmade projectsSomewhat SimplePhotobucketHookingupwithHoHSerenity youUnveil Your Genius Link Party

10 creative thoughts:

Sugarr2518 { March 14, 2012 at 12:13 AM }
What a unique and different idea of how to use the beads:)
Val { March 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM }
Wow, very jingly and cute. Definitely some good "bling."


I would love for you to follow my blog too so that we can share ideas!

Your newest follower,
Val @ http://cookcraftcrocheting.blogspot.com/
Natasha Mairs - Serenity You { March 14, 2012 at 12:41 PM }
I would love it if you could share this on my link party - Serenity Saturday
http://serenityyou.blogspot.com/search/label/Serenity%20Saturday

Natasha xxx
Kristin@gratefulbelly.com { March 16, 2012 at 1:51 AM }
I love these, so pretty! I'm a new follower and would love to have you stop by my brand new blog and follow, too!
Cranberry Morning { March 17, 2012 at 9:04 AM }
This is SO CUTE!! Love it!
Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck { March 17, 2012 at 2:43 PM }
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck { March 17, 2012 at 2:44 PM }
What a fun bracelet!! I love it!!

I would love for you to share it over at my "Unveil Your Genius" Link Party!
http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/2012/03/unveil-your-genius-link-party_15.html

Happy Weekend!!
Lisa Fliehman { March 17, 2012 at 3:06 PM }
I saw your link on Serenity You Link Party. I have just started beading and love this bracelet. Looks like it weighs a good 20 lbs., but really stunning. I have a link party going up later this evening, called SweetTalkin' Sunday, I would love for you to link this and any other projects you like.
Kim { March 18, 2012 at 4:35 PM }
Lisa, it is really not heavy at all...maybe because the beads have lots of "hole".
Lisa Fliehman { March 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM }
Kim, I am so happy you linked up at SweetTalkin' Sunday! I was coming in search of this post again so I could visit the bead place you mentioned.

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com