Umbrella Journal

It is still raining, but my journals finally dried.  Remember, I have umbrellas on the mind? It mixed around in my head and came out a journal.

Here is what I did. I started with a bound journal.

I took it to the scroll saw and cut the journal in the shape of half an umbrella.

I used Mod Podge and fabric to cover the front and the inside flaps of the journal. When it is open, it looks like an umbrella.

I did a little painting to show the umbrella sections and a ribbon trim.

Opened, a view of the inside.  Looks like an umbrella this way too.

It was screaming for a little bow of zebra ribbon at the top. I also added a long black ribbon at the bottom to look like the umbrella handle. You can use the ribbon/handle as a bookmark inside the journal if you need one.

Cute!

I added a couple, in different colors, to my Etsy shop. Check it out!

I love it when something sticks in my mind and works its way into something fun.

Take your Vitamin C and see what happens!
Sumo Sweet Stuff
UndertheTableandDreaming

4 creative thoughts:

Jessie { May 30, 2011 at 10:27 AM }
This is such a cute and creative idea! :)
Unknown { May 30, 2011 at 10:09 PM }
That is so cute! I would never have thought to cut a journal! Awesome!
Mimi { June 7, 2011 at 10:14 PM }
Oh - I am so an umbrella lover! Love yours - but even more I am learning about all the different saws and what they can do. Just finding that my hubby's place has lots of saws and even more metal working things that I never knew existed
You are such an inspiration!
Kim { June 9, 2011 at 7:45 AM }
Thanks all. I love my scroll saw!

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com