Embellished Bag

The Human Pinball gave me this bag a couple years ago. I have nearly worn it out. I love it. What is not to love? Deep turquoise patent leather!

 Here is its original incarnation.

 And sad, oh sad, what has happened to the straps.

 I thought about it awhile. This piece of fabric was the answer.


Here is what you do:
1. Tear strips of the length of the fabric about 1 1/2" wide. 
2. Knot one end of a strip around the base of one handle/strap. Leave a 4-5" tail of fabric. Tightly wrap strip around handle. Put a piece of double stick tape on the handle every couple inches to help keep the fabric strips from shifting.
3. Knot the end of the fabric strip at the final end of the handle. Trim the tail to the same length as the first end.  Repeat for second handle.


 4.  Add some beads and charms! Crimp one end of beading wire. String beads. Wrap wire around base of handle. Crimp again, and trim excess wire.


 Make 3-5 bead dangles using beads and maybe some charms on the ends of the wires. I am loving my disco ball charm.


Here it is, all ready for another couple years of life. 

Take your Vitamin C!
Tip Junkie handmade projectsHookingupwithHoH

1 creative thoughts:

Mary C. Nasser { July 13, 2011 at 8:08 PM }
Love the deep turquoise patent leather, too!
Great tutorial!

So glad I found your blog through the "All Kinds Of Artists Artist Blog Hop." I am your newest follower!

I welcome you to visit my blog, too.
Best,
Mary C. Nasser
http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com