Steering Wheel Dress Up

 The steering wheel in Somebody's Mother's Car got a new look this afternoon. 


You have a name for your car, right?  It's not just me?


 It has been looking like this for awhile.  Poor thing is 13 years old, it needed a facelift. I was not excited about the boring steering wheel covers you find at the auto store.  And, I have been mulling this over: 
from here.
But, it didn't seem quite right to me and besides i did not want to spend money.

And today, two things made me take action:
  • it finally bugged me just enough
  • the air conditioner in my car works better than the one in the house

So I got out the cool duct tape and sat in the car with the air and the radio on. My neighbors already think I am nuts, so that didn't matter.  

All I had to do was wrap it around the steering wheel. I found it was easier to tear off a section than to wrap with the entire roll attached. But, it will probably depend on how roomy your dashboard is.

Naturally it needed dots. I put them on with acrylic paint and the end of the brush handle.


I don't know how durable it will be but I have more tape!  And I like it! And there isn't another one like it...unless you do yours too!  You know duct tape comes in all colors and patterns now. Check it out.


Take your Vitamin C before it melts!
Tip Junkie handmade projectsHookingupwithHoHSomewhat Simple

6 creative thoughts:

Pretty Things { July 24, 2011 at 2:52 AM }
Cute! But I have to ask -- where did you find that pink ruffled number?????
Kim { July 24, 2011 at 1:13 PM }
naturallife.net.

Enter at your own risk, they have 253984345 things you will want.
Unknown { August 1, 2011 at 10:37 PM }
OH! I saw this on Tip Junkie and thought it was glorious. I'm headed to the closet for the duct tape now!
Unknown { August 1, 2011 at 10:38 PM }
p.s. - Our car is named "Elvis". LOL!
Kim { August 2, 2011 at 9:20 PM }
Update on the duct tape. It has been 90 degrees or more everyday since the transformation of the steering wheel and the tape is holding its own!

Christmas Gal, is there a story behind your car getting named Elvis? Would love to hear it!
~Beth D. { August 5, 2011 at 12:20 AM }
This is a fast idea. I might try it. I did find a tutorial for sewing a new steering cover as well, one that could be girly and then changed out quickly for the man of the house to drive.

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com