Eleven Toggle Bars

 Today, I did a project in which I used all toggle circle parts. I did not use the toggle bars. There were eleven toggle bars leftover, lying on the table looking sad. Something in me would not allow me to throw them away. And it became one of those end of the day creative challenges to figure out what to do with them.


 I looked in the stash and found eleven buttons that I liked. I wired the buttons on top of the bars. Not pretty wiring, I knew it would not be seen.


I had a short section of antique gold chain and one full toggle. When I wired them together, I had a chain bracelet. To attach the button/bar pieces to the chain, I used some heavy duty jump rings. I used two jump rings per piece, to anchor them with a little more sturdiness. Is that a word?


The bars under the buttons kind of suspend them. It is a chunky bracelet, just the kind I like. The buttons are from the Amazing Helen at Blumenthal Lansing. You can find the big distressed wood button and the pretty matte finish acrylic buttons at Michaels in the needlecraft department. Look at your local fabric store for the metal buttons. 


I combined buttons of wood, acrylic, and metal, and I love the finished look. Not to mention, it was a pretty quick project . Oh yeah, and I successfully used the eleven toggle bars.


Take your Vitamin C!
You never know when you will end up with eleven toggle bars....Tip Junkie handmade projectsHookingupwithHoHPhotobucket
UndertheTableandDreaminghomework

4 creative thoughts:

Rachel @ Lines across my face { July 25, 2011 at 8:58 AM }
I love this bracelet. The colors are adorable and I really love cute buttons like these! I would love it if you would stop by the crafty link party I just started at http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com and link up this post.
:) Rachel
ArtfullyJune { July 26, 2011 at 4:03 PM }
What a great way to use what would otherwise be left over parts. Button bracelets always make me smile.
Kim { July 26, 2011 at 8:51 PM }
Thank you so much! It is a bonus when I challenge myself and it turns out well!
SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime { August 7, 2011 at 8:08 PM }
Hi, friend! You've got tons of creativity in your blog and I'm admiring them all. Can you please share your creative posts at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com