Thin Bangle Series #1 - Flower Garden Button Bracelet
These are brand new Flower Garden buttons from Blumenthal Lansing. They are hitting the craft and fabric stores right now. Keep your eyes peeled.
This year, big bright resin flowers are super trendy in jewelry. They are gorgeous and so versatile. Love them. So, tonight, I needed resin flower button jewelry. Needed it.
This is how you can put one together. It should take you about 30 minutes.
- bangle bracelet that fits you (Use whatever you have. I used a thin one from a set of many, and it worked fine)
- Flower buttons to go around bangle. I needed 10. (If your wrist and bangle are smaller than mine, you could use less, or space them farther apart to use less)
- silver craft wire, not thinner than 20 gauge ( I used about 5 yards)
- green rickrack or ribbon, about a yard
- wire cutters
To make it:
Design note: Using only one color buttons instead of multi color would be dramatic.
If you run out of wire, wrap the end around the bangle several times. Start a new wire.
3. Wrap rickrack around bangle, between flowers, covering up most of the wire wraps you have made. Leave a tail at the beginning. Tie beginning tail and ending tail into a knot. Trim ends. I left tails, you can certainly cut yours flush to the bangle.
Get a jump on spring!
And don't forget to take your Vitamin C!
Posted by Kim at 11:20 PM