Felt Flowers Wreath
Love them! So, I put in a movie this morning and sat to make a few fuchsia flowers for a wreath. I was finished before the movie.
To make a wreath like mine, you need:
- 3 9"x12" Kunin felt squares: fuchsia (I love that Kunin felt is made of recycled plastic bottles!)
- FabriTac (You know I love FabriTac, especially for making ribbon and fabric rosettes) So much better than a glue gun for me, and it holds instantly!
- a foam plate
- pinking shears
- 15 blingy buttons (Blumenthal Lansing makes amazing blingy buttons)
- scraps of ribbon to coordinate (optional)
1. Cut the center from the foam plate. This will be the wreath form.
If by chance, you cut through the edge and you end up with a separate piece, no worries. Keep going.
7. Optional: Make a few smaller flowers the same way out of your ribbons scraps. I used only 8" pieces for mine. I made 7 and tucked them in between the felt flowers.
8. Feel great. You have recycled a foam plate, and used 100% recycled material felt for your project. And it was really inexpensive!
Is this spurring creative ideas? How will you change the flower? What will you do with it?
Happy Valentines Day and Take Your Vitamin C!
Posted by Kim at 2:33 PM