Felt Flowers Wreath

 I have been teaching everyone how to make these fun felt flowers. Everyone who can handle a pair of scissors can make these beautifully, kids and adults alike.

Love them! So, I put in a movie this morning and sat to make a few fuchsia flowers for a wreath. I was finished before the movie.

To make a wreath like mine, you need:




 This is a version of the same flower, cut using straight scissors. The amazing Helen taught this to me.

 To make our wreath:
1. Cut the center from the foam plate. This will be the wreath form.

 2. Cut 5 strips of felt (cutting the long way) from each felt square. I did not measure, it does not matter if they are exactly the same width.  Just cut.

 3. Fold a strip in half....

 and cut fringe using the pinking shears.  The folding in half just offers you the chance to cut two layers at once instead of one. Cut the fringe around 1/4" wide or so, also no measuring allowed. Just cut.  Cut close to the edge.

If by chance, you cut through the edge and you end up with a separate piece, no worries.  Keep going.

 4. Start at one end, and roll.  Add a dot of glue every 2" or so. This is just to hold it together as you roll. Perfection not required. If you cut off a piece while you were fringing, just glue it on now, as you are rolling. Try to keep the end flat as you roll. If that does not happen, when you are finished rolling, stick your finger in from the top and push the bottom flat.

 5. Open up the flower petals.  Cute!

6. Glue your 15 flowers around the wreath form.  Glue the blingy buttons to the flower centers. Click on the pic to see a larger view.

7. Optional: Make a few smaller flowers the same way out of your ribbons scraps. I used only 8" pieces for mine. I made 7 and tucked them in between the felt flowers.

8.  Feel great.  You have recycled a foam plate, and used 100% recycled material felt for your project.  And it was really inexpensive!

Is this spurring creative ideas? How will you change the flower? What will you do with it?

Happy Valentines Day and Take Your Vitamin C!
Show and Tell Green UndertheTableandDreaming

10 creative thoughts:

annies home { February 16, 2011 at 4:22 PM }
I am going to share this with my daughter it is something she could easily make for her dorm room
LP aka A Crafty Southern Chick { February 16, 2011 at 10:14 PM }
I really love this! I make lots of rosettes and I still love them but this is super cute, and would be a different take on flowers! Thanks for sharing! :)
Unknown { February 18, 2011 at 9:27 AM }
Love this! I bet you could even make those flowers into pretty pins or barrettes!
LADY JANE { February 19, 2011 at 5:49 PM }
Adorable idea! Happy pink Saturday!
Donnie { February 19, 2011 at 6:30 PM }
They are really cute. Thanks for the tutorial.
Amisha { February 20, 2011 at 12:17 PM }
These are really fun!

I would like to invite you join my blog party "Being Creative" starting today. I hope you join in!
Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home { February 20, 2011 at 4:20 PM }
What a great idea. I love the color. I'm your newest follower. I'm having my first link party tomorrow (Monday). It would be great if you could stop by and post your project. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/
Tricia { February 20, 2011 at 9:26 PM }
This is a really cute idea! I love how it was simple enough to do while watching tv. I have felted lots of old sweaters and I'm thinking some of the thinner ones might work for this idea. Thanks for the great tutorial.

Blessings,
Tricia
Joyce { February 21, 2011 at 10:07 AM }
Great craft idea to share with the grand kids home all week on school vacation. Thanks for the tutorial.
Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home { February 21, 2011 at 11:46 AM }
Thank you so much for joining the More The Merrier Monday Linky Party. Be sure to come back next week. I look forward to seeing more of your projects.

http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com