Crazy Laces Gift Ideas

It took me 2 minutes to make this cute polka dot bangle.

 I found these great new shoelaces at Michaels this morning, called Crazy Laces.  They come in several styles for $1.99.  With the shoelaces, you get instructions on how to lace your new shoelaces in a fancy way.  Each package has instructions for two different lacing designs.

The shoelaces alone would make a cute gift, but we can't leave it at that, can we?

 I had this plain wood bangle in the stash.

When I wrapped two shoelaces around it, it became a gift that looks worth a lot more than $1.99.

 Why not lace up the gift bag, too?  Cut a 3/4" wide piece out of the front of the gift bag.  Punch 6 holes on either side.  Use a hole punch or poke holes with a pen or pencil.

I used the instructions for "The Ladder" method of lacing to put these gorgeous organza ribbon laces on the bag.  Then, I added a charm for good measure.

When you take the ribbon laces off the card, they are wrinkly. If you would like to iron them, put the iron on the lowest temperature.  With the iron standing up, rub the lace across the bottom.  Works great.

I know that is will give you ideas of things to do with these really cool shoelaces.  Please share!

Take Your Vitamin C!
UndertheTableandDreaming Being Creative Blog Party
Photobucket
Making


giveaways



Fantabulous Friday!











Craft Goodies

Weekend Bloggy Reading













































Tip Junkie handmade projects

Today's Creative Blog
Show and Tell Green






















11 creative thoughts:

human pinball { February 26, 2011 at 6:59 PM }
LIKE !!!
Amisha { February 27, 2011 at 9:10 AM }
Oh Kim! These look lovely! Ingenious ideas. Thank you for playing and keep creating.
Fuzzy Slippers { February 27, 2011 at 7:02 PM }
How fun!!! Thanks for all the inspiration. :) Please feel free to stop by Fuzzy Slippers Designs.
Unknown { February 27, 2011 at 8:49 PM }
So fun and creative!! Please share your creativity with my followers, link to my blog bash K.I.S.S. Happy to be a new follower too. :)
Karen Provost { February 27, 2011 at 10:10 PM }
I never thought to alter a gift bag! Great idea!
Unknown { February 28, 2011 at 9:34 AM }
Lovely ideas, but I am a gift wrap junkie, and this is a beautiful idea for decorating a shopping bag.
Karen
Jeanene @ The Queen Bees Hive { February 28, 2011 at 10:06 PM }
Soo cute & Clever! Didn't know they had such cute shoelaces either :).
Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine { March 5, 2011 at 11:50 AM }
This is very creative! I love the gift bag!
Christine { March 5, 2011 at 1:20 PM }
what a great idea! I especially love the gift bag idea, this would be a super way to gift extra laces if giving shoes as a gift to a little girl.....
Unknown { March 5, 2011 at 11:27 PM }
Love your creativity, thanks for linking up to my blog bash K.I.S.S. @ The Tattered Tag. Please link up more of your great ideas tomorrow. :)

Drop by The Tattered Tag
Amanda @ Serenity Now { March 6, 2011 at 2:53 PM }
SUPER cute!!! Love what you did with the gift bag. :) Such a neat idea!

Thanks so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :) Have fun finding some new reads, and I hope you'll stop by to visit Serenity Now again soon. :)

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com