Collage with Texture

 Having built up a little collage confidence from my collage exercise last week, I made one for a gift yesterday. It's a little larger, and I added some dimensional bits.


The background. This is three colors: burnt umber, off white, and purple.

Starting to add layers.


These dots are printed with bubble wrap dipped in paint.  I ended up with tiny bits of other colors in the dot because I used a piece of bubble wrap that had been used before. The previous colors, even though they were dry, came off on the canvas with the new, wet paint. Love it. In person, it is very nice.

In one corner, I laid down two chipboard pieces and sponged over them in a darker color.


The cross was made with flexible modeling paste. It can be applied right to the canvas.  But, I made the cross shape on a stencil blank and peeled it off when it was dry.  Be advised, the stuff takes a really long time to dry. Just slather it on with a palette knife and set it aside for a couple days. Then, peel it off the stencil and glue it to the canvas.


Paint right over the modeling paste.


When I thought I was finished, I felt there was kind of a big blank spot across the top of the canvas.  Remember those two chipboard pieces I used down in the corner? I glued them top center to fill in the space.

And, I deemed it finished.
Take your Vitamin C!

2 creative thoughts:

karen { June 29, 2011 at 10:46 PM }
The collage class today was grand! It was fun to learn new techniques and be surrounded by all of your creative inspiration. I now aspire to have so many creative ideas perking in my brain that I too, cannot sleep. Thanks for an afternoon to remember.
Kim { June 30, 2011 at 6:49 PM }
Reading a boring book is a good way to turn your brain off. Unless, you don't want to turn it off!

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com