5 Jewelry Challenges
In light of that, I challenge me to 5 Summer Jewelry Projects:
- Use these 5 chosen items from the bead stash.
- Buy nothing else to use with them. Use what is in the stash or what I make from the stash.
- Be finished by the end of summer.
- Share the creative process for each piece.
1. This big black button has been down in Girl World for ages. I move it from place to place. I like its contemporary lines. It measures about an inch and a half.
a mission trip to her house last summer in Landscheid, Germany. One of our projects in the house was turning an icky basement room in to a kid's hang out room. There were exposed pipes that we turned into a giant caterpillar...named Stella. We talked about Stella a lot during the week and it make Sheila remember that she had this napkin ring. Which she gave to me. It needs a super creative treatment, don't you think?
5. These beads are Mexican Opal. They are by far the most expensive beads I have ever purchased. Upon seeing them, I had to have them. It was crazy. Made even crazier by the fact that I have not used them and they have been hanging over a kitchen cupboard knob since I bought them. I see and admire them everyday. But, they deserve to be made into something fab. On the string are thirty 5/8" beads. In person, the colors are incredible. They are also heavy.
You are the witness, you should hold me accountable. And if you have any thoughts, ideas, suggestions or encouragement, now is the time....
OK. Now you!
Take your Vitamin C and set yourself a summer challenge. It does not have to be 5 challenges. Doesn't have to be jewelry related...just something that will push your creative envelope. What will it be? Share, please!
Posted by Kim at 1:37 PM