5 Jewelry Challenges

 The thought occurred to me today that I have fun, and stretch myself a bit, when I pose an official challenge for myself.

In light of that, I challenge me to 5 Summer Jewelry Projects:

  • Use these 5 chosen items from the bead stash.
  • Buy nothing else to use with them. Use what is in the stash or what I make from the stash.
  • Be finished by the end of summer.
  • Share the creative process for each piece.
The challenges:
1. This big black button has been down in Girl World for ages. I move it from place to place. I like its contemporary lines. It measures about an inch and a half.


2. This is a ceramic focal piece that I bought at Bead Fest in Santa Fe, some years ago. I have lost the card that tells me who made it. I love it.  If you recognize the work, and know who the artist is, please shout out! It is 2 1/2" long.

3. I made this PMC (Precious Metal Clay) piece in a class at Bead & Button.  Maybe 4 years ago.  It is tarnished, it has been that long. Seeing a pattern here?? It is 2 1/2" wide and if you do PMC, you know that much clay is not inexpensive, so it is nuts not to do something with it. It has a definite summer theme, so let's get to it!

4. This is a silver napkin ring given to me by my new friend Sheila when I led a mission trip to her house last summer in Landscheid, Germany. One of our projects in the house was turning an icky basement room in to a kid's hang out room.  There were exposed pipes that we turned into a giant caterpillar...named Stella.  We talked about Stella a lot during the week and it make Sheila remember that she had this napkin ring. Which she gave to me. It needs a super creative treatment, don't you think?

5. These beads are Mexican Opal. They are by far the most expensive beads I have ever purchased. Upon seeing them, I had to have them. It was crazy.  Made even crazier by the fact that I have not used them and they have been hanging over a kitchen cupboard knob since I bought them. I see and admire them everyday. But, they deserve to be made into something fab. On the string are thirty 5/8" beads. In person, the colors are incredible. They are also heavy.

You are the witness, you should hold me accountable. And if you have any thoughts, ideas, suggestions or encouragement, now is the time....

OK. Now you! 

Take your Vitamin C and set yourself a summer challenge. It does not have to be 5 challenges. Doesn't have to be jewelry related...just something that will push your creative envelope.  What will it be?  Share, please!

7 creative thoughts:

Smarty Pants Mama { June 2, 2011 at 2:56 PM }
Great beads....far more crafty than me!

I posted today 5 organization challenges in my preschooler's room! So instead of crafty challenges I have organization ones!

Great post!
Michelle { June 2, 2011 at 7:27 PM }
I love a good jewelry challenge! I'm always using and reusing the jewelry and beading supplies I have in my own stash - it's how I relax. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. ;)

Peace from a fellow #SITS31DBBB participant.

Michelle @ http://greenearthbazaar.com ;)
PatSloan { June 2, 2011 at 10:12 PM }
i started a 31 days craft team.. come join us!
http://www.thesitsgirls.com/forum/showthread.php/902-Crafty-Blogger-Work-Group
Sonia Valdez { June 3, 2011 at 11:35 AM }
This is the most interesting list post I've read so far. Great job.
Unknown { June 5, 2011 at 11:34 PM }
LOL love
"Buy nothing else to use with them. Use what is in the stash or what I make from the stash."
I need to make this commitment too.
Kim { June 5, 2011 at 11:45 PM }
My hope is that not buying anything will force me to not take the easy way. Oh yeah, and to use up some of the 23523423 beads and components I already own,
Unknown { April 18, 2014 at 4:57 PM }
read full article Aw, this was a very nice post. read full report In concept I would like to put in writing like this moreover - taking time and precise effort to make an excellent article? but what can I say? read here I procrastinate alot and on no account seem to get something done. read more

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com