Art for an Unusual Place

 The New Smyrna Beach Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Art Retreat girls helped me with a project. I wanted us to make 5 pieces of art that will hang on the inside doors of the bathroom stalls at church. That may seem like a weird place for art.  And you may be right.

But, this project has been on my mind for a long time, so it feels right to do this. It is possible and probable that emotions come to the surface while in church. That is kind of the point, praising God is about emotion. Often, women come to the rest room to cry, wipe away tears, or just to take a breather. So, how about a little encouragement when they close themselves in to do that?

Sometimes the word of God comes from an unexpected place, and is just the encouragement needed. I hope that is the case here.

I worked on these pieces and the process was encouraging to me, if nothing else.


These two were done by my sweet friends, the Barbaras.  This one with all the hymn titles will make me sing from my stall.  So, if you hear singing....it's not me...really.....not me.

The three of us worked on these and it prompted a lovely chat about our faith and beliefs, bible studies and of course some hymn singing...quite an enjoyable time.

You will be able to visit these in the Ladies' Room very soon.

Take your Vitamin C....how can you use it to touch others?

2 creative thoughts:

targetshopper { June 16, 2011 at 11:42 PM }
When I saw these, I just knew you had to be behind them! I love them so much and if it wasn't a sin to steal (especially from a church) I would have taken them for my own home! If they ever come down or are replaced, let me know and I'll buy one or two (or all) from you. :)
Kim { June 17, 2011 at 10:54 PM }
You are so kind! It was really a great experience making them. And now when I go into the ladies' room, I am reminded of a sweet time with my girls.

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com