The Newest Lampworkers

Last week, my two young friends came to spend the day. It is always their choice about what they will do when they are here, and this time they wanted to learn some lampworking.

I had them dip their own mandrels and they did it assembly line fashion. One dipped, one set the mandrel in the holder. Speedy. 

I gave them a few basics and all of the safety rules and after a few tries, I let them go for it. 

They had lots of ideas. Technique was not fabulous, but their interest and excitement was huge. It was fun to watch them plan out what they would make. They worked for hours and would have kept going but they ran out of mandrels.


The next day when I emptied the kiln, I found flora and fauna.

Fun day. They used their Vitamin C!

0 creative thoughts:

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com