7000 Bracelets Blog Hop

A little bit about this project:
7000 Bracelets of Hope is run through the Global Genes Project, a rare disease group for children. The bracelets are donated to the mothers and caretakers of these children, as a way to give them a little support and lift their spirits. 

The rules:
  • use blue as the main color
  • bracelet should be casual
  • it should fit anyone from 7" to 9"

This is my finished bracelet. I purposely went simple with this bracelet. From my experience, most non-beaders prefer simplicity in jewelry, and simple is easier to wear.

 I made the glass beads using a medium blue, clear transparent, and blue/lavender glass.  The silver beads are bali silver.


 I really like this purse charm, and hope the woman who receives this likes it too. Since this is supposed to fit a wrist anywhere from 7" to 9" (that is a pretty big range), I used this three circle clasp. The bar can be hooked into any of the circles to fit it to the wrist. If the woman who gets it has a smaller wrist, she can remove the last one or two circles.


Now, I mail my bracelet in and they will give it to someone who needs a boost.


Several other jewelry makers have participated in this project. Check all of the blogs below to see more bracelets.


Use your Vitamin C to encourage someone else!


  

















































27 creative thoughts:

Christine Altmiller { February 25, 2012 at 12:06 AM }
Wow~the beads you made are beautiful! I love the colors and the feel and the shine. That purse is fantastic :-) Have fun hopping!
Anonymous { February 25, 2012 at 12:22 AM }
This is lovely. I really like how you approached the size issue with the rings. And your glass beads are beautiful!
LifeLessOrdinary { February 25, 2012 at 12:23 AM }
I'm part of a rare disease family that received bracelets a while back. It's great to see you and others participate in the blog hop for 7000 bracelets for hope. I was involved in the blog hop for rare disease day awareness recently. You can see my post about it here, http://intheoldroad.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-other-lifea-rare-story.html. I put a picture of my son, the rare disease patient, wearing his bracelet in the post.

Your bracelet is beautiful. Some lucky family will be happy to receive it.

God bless,
Shasta @intheoldroad.blogspot.com
Sharyl { February 25, 2012 at 3:14 AM }
I like your design and really love the beads--especially those blues! Adding the charm was a nice, fun touch!
Thoughtfulhands { February 25, 2012 at 4:14 AM }
Your glass work is amazing the color is perfect. This is a beautiful bracelet you are going to make someones day very special!
Cillaw { February 25, 2012 at 10:45 AM }
Beautiful. It will be loved.
Holly { February 25, 2012 at 12:04 PM }
Oh, what a lovely bracelet! Your beads are divine, of course, and that purse is way too cute. Someone is going to love wearing this bracelet!
10KDgroup { February 25, 2012 at 12:18 PM }
So pretty! Your glass beads are fantastic and perfect for this hop. And what woman doesn't love a new pocketbook? :)
Lori Anderson { February 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM }
Those beads are beautiful! Great choice!
Anonymous { February 25, 2012 at 1:50 PM }
Gorgeous creations! I love the blue!
Therese's Treasures { February 25, 2012 at 1:52 PM }
Kim,
Your bracelet is gorgeous and I am sure it will make the receiver very happy when they open the package and put it on.
Therese
Jean A. Wells { February 25, 2012 at 2:28 PM }
Your bracelet is beautiful. Great job!
Elysian Studios { February 25, 2012 at 2:45 PM }
Kim, I love your bracelet! And handmade beads, too! Just gorgeous! The recipient will really love this, and I think that purse charm is great! Thank you so much for joining us on this hop!
Alicia { February 25, 2012 at 3:42 PM }
Kim, this is one gorgeous bracelet - I love the blue shades on the beads; just perfect.
Elizabeth { February 25, 2012 at 3:44 PM }
Lovely bracelet!! Great idea for the closure!! thanks for popping by my blog! It is a pleasure to meet you and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name of your blog- you clever girl!!!
Patti Vanderbloemen { February 25, 2012 at 3:52 PM }
I love that you made the beads for this - it is a beautiful design! I particularly like that cute charm! Awesome!
CraftyHope { February 25, 2012 at 6:41 PM }
There's no doubt this bracelet will boost the spirits of the lady who receives it. The beads you made are gorgeous and the simple design goes well with them. This is a bracelet that is going to be worn OFTEN!
Lori Jean { February 25, 2012 at 11:27 PM }
Very Beautiful bracelet Kim. It will definitely bring a lot of joy and happiness to the one who receives it.
Stacey { February 26, 2012 at 1:04 AM }
Gorgeous lampwork colors - love the silver with it! That charm is very sweet as well!
Anonymous { February 26, 2012 at 8:21 AM }
Kim - What a pretty bracelet! I love the purse charm. You can tell a lot of thought and care went into this piece!
Bits of Learning { February 26, 2012 at 8:55 AM }
Simply STUNNING!! The bracelet is wonderful and those lampwork beads are such beautiful shades of blue!! Perfect!!
Anonymous { February 26, 2012 at 9:01 AM }
I love your design, and the thought that went behind it. I think the charm is great, too!!
Shel { February 26, 2012 at 12:04 PM }
Oh, this is so pretty! I love, love the purse charm and I think the person who receives it will, too! I also like how you made the bracelet adjustable to fit multiple sizes with the silver circles, it really adds to the designs as well. Nicely done.
Unknown { February 26, 2012 at 1:13 PM }
I always love a charm dangle! glad I found your blog :)
Michelle Mach { February 26, 2012 at 1:43 PM }
That purse charm is terrific! Really love the blue beads you chose, too.
windrock studio { February 26, 2012 at 7:01 PM }
I really love the blue and silver together, so pretty!
AntiquityTravelers { March 3, 2012 at 10:45 PM }
Really beautiful design!

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com