Button Swap

 I am participating in a Button Swap today, hosted and organized by Cindy Wimmer of Sweet Bead Studio. My partner, Laurel Steven, sent me these buttons. She made the carded buttons. They are polymer clay and fabulous. Yippee, I had enough excellent buttons from Laurel to make two projects.


First, I turned Laurel's polymer buttons into earrings. I added a sparkly bit and a crystal dangle. Of course, I immediately put them on and wore them!


The rest of the beads are acrylic or resin or bakelite, I am not sure. Laurel, what are they? Besides very cool. This is a color palette not normally on my worktable, but I love it. I will be working with it again. Stay tuned.


The center strand is macrame with the buttons and some faceted crystal beads added in. I have had this strand of beads (from the HumanPinBall) that I have not used for anything. The blush color is perfect and they add a little sparkle. Strand two is seed beads and bi-cone beads, both brown.


Strand three is a chain with the same pink faceted beads, dangling. I finished it off with a button closure. I have been wearing it for days. 


A lot of great button lovers/button artists are participating in the swap and blog hop. Grab a cup of tea and peruse some of these blogs. 


Happy Mother's Day!


Use your Vitamin B(utton)




 Kim Roberts and Partner unable to participate at this time.
Pam Ferarri and Stefanie Teufel (will share their reveal on a later date)
Stefanie Teufel and Pam Ferarri (will share their reveal on a later date)

12 creative thoughts:

Therese's Treasures { May 13, 2012 at 9:21 AM }
Hi Kim,
I like the earrings and bracelet they are very pretty and would be a nice compliment to a summer outfit.
Therese
BahamaDawn { May 13, 2012 at 11:02 AM }
Pretty pieces! i love how you incorporated the buttons into the macrame!
Laurel { May 13, 2012 at 3:25 PM }
OMG Kim, you've created such loveliness with my little buttons! Fantastic, pardner!
Pretty Things { May 13, 2012 at 3:54 PM }
Those earrings ROCK out LOUD! I love them.
Shirley { May 13, 2012 at 7:46 PM }
You made some great pieces! I love those earrings!!!
Cindy { May 13, 2012 at 11:08 PM }
Kim, I love how you used your Vitamin B(utton)! :-) The earring are such a pretty way to incorporate Laurel's buttons. And the bracelet is fabulous with all of the different strands...I can see how you would wear this and never want to take it off!

You were the lucky winner of the vintage mother of pearl buttons give away!! Please contact me with your address when you can. Thanks for participating! :-)
AntiquityTravelers { May 14, 2012 at 8:52 AM }
The colors are so fun in both pieces, but I really love the flow of the bracelet - that is awesome
CraftyHope { May 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM }
You created two really fun pieces. Nicely done!
Julia { May 15, 2012 at 8:29 PM }
I love the pieces you made-- that bracelet is so much fun, and the buttons used in the earrings are adorable!!!

Congratulations on winning the pearl buttons, and for having your work featured at JoAnn's <3

*~* Julia *~* http://beautifullywhimsical.blogspot.com *~*
Firefly Visions { May 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM }
The earrings are fabulous and the bracelet looks springy and fun.
KayzKreationz { May 16, 2012 at 10:07 PM }
Such cute projects. I really like the earrings. Very unique.
Kim { May 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM }
Thank you all for such encouraging comments!!

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com