A legacy?

Are you at the point in your life yet, where you have begun to think about what kind of legacy you will leave behind? I think about it sometimes. I don't have children, and that is the legacy that most people leave. I don't have a pile of money, so I can't leave behind the International Divine Design foundation.

Two things happened this week that made me think about it. My neighbor died. She was very old, with a bad heart. She still lived alone. She had no family, her only daughter died some years ago. It was a weird feeling watching another neighbor haul all of her belongings out onto the driveway and sell them in a yard sale.

It made me think about all of the stuff I like to surround me, to save in case I need it, to make my life easier. Is there really a point to having so much stuff?

And today, I was surfing and read this obituary. It is impressive to me, and I realized that what people think of me now, is how I will be remembered. Am I good with that? 

It sure gives me food for thought, not seasoned with Vitamin C.......

1 creative thoughts:

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) { September 10, 2013 at 8:57 AM }
Wow! Thanks for sharing Pink's obit, Kim.

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com