Mailbox Refurb

Oh how I wish I had taken a before picture of this mailbox.

Some years ago, my brother in law volunteered to put up my new mailbox. We discussed how to attach it to the post and cement the post into the ground. And I left on a business trip. When I got home, he had nailed it to the side of the porch railing. Yeah. Classy.

Worse, I left it there until it was falling off, all bent out of shape. and rusting. 

Deciding to finally fix it, I pulled it off, straightened out the wonk, sanded off the rust, and sprayed it with with a primer. After that I sprayed it green. I used a big Spouncer (flat round sponge on a stick) and printed white dots all over it. 

I had considered buying a new mailbox, but I really didn't have to. It looks great, for only the cost of a can of green paint, since I had all of the rest of the stuff I needed.

Use your Vitamin C!


3 creative thoughts:

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) { August 6, 2013 at 7:44 PM }
Sweet, Kim! My mailbox has been looking sad lately... I think some Vitamin C is needed next weekend!
votemom { August 6, 2013 at 8:53 PM }
i smile when i drive by your street and see your polka dots ;o)
Anonymous { June 18, 2014 at 6:24 PM }
Hey, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.

When I look at your website in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer,
it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
Other then that, fantastic blog!

Also visit my website: criminal law los angeles

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com